Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Justice for Puppy Doe

On August 31st a pit bull mix nicknamed Puppy Doe was found abandoned in a Massachusetts park, maybe left for dead even though it wasn't dead. The dog had been tortured so severely (I won't go into the gruesome details, Google it if you are interested) that the only humane thing to do was euthanize the poor animal.

No animal deserves the kind of horror P.D. suffered. But, quite simply if it wasn't a pit mix this sad story may not have ever come to be. Apparently the owner's landlord does not allow pit bulls. And this well meaning but ignorant chap put P.D. up for adoption on Craigslist. There is no accountability by Craigslist. You place the ad and whatever will be will be.

Contrast this with my pit that is pictured in my first post. I had to:

1) Get two references just to be allowed a meet and greet at a neutral site.
2) I had to tell my vet to release information about my previous dogs (which included another pit mix).
3) Home visitation.
4 Pay a substantial adoption fee.

As a responsible pet owner I passed these challenges easily. I had nothing to hide. I want a companion not something to abuse.

And what a great companion he is. So loyal and affectionate. He just happens to be a pit bull.

No comments:

Post a Comment