Monday, October 21, 2013

Pit Bull Rescue Shelters/Breed Specific Legislation.

There are a ton of shelters out there specifically aimed at rescuing pits. This is because the facts bear out that as a breed (or breeds) they have been unfairly targeted for decades. I'm proud to be a part of the growing movement to return these glorious canine companions back to the deserved status of a loving pet. When i got my first pit mix 17 years ago I freaked out. I thought he was a pure yellow lab. Three more months of growth the pit bull started to show. That's when I started to do research and become comfortable with the fact that my dog wasn't going to rip my throat out in the middle of the night simply because he was a pit. Living in Pennsylvania I'm proud to announce we are one of two states that doesn't allow insurance companies to deny a policy simply because of the breed of dog you own. Breed specific legislation ALWAYS includes pit bulls. And they are simply a colossal fucking waste of money. Money that could be used on spaying and neutering which has a positive effect. Money that could be spent on educating casual pit owners on how to properly socialize their animal. So when you read the misinformation on the lame dogsbite.org site do yourself a favor and Google "pits are great dogs" and read up on the facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment